Monday, May 7, 2012

Inspiration


One of the major reasons I love food is because I love life. It sounds cliché, but it is also true. Food nourishes the body and soul. Today I was out delivering the mea service and I had a few things that knocked me on my booty and made me think. As I was getting food to my friend Fred, he told me about a medical mistake that his doctor did that caused Fred to spend five days in the hospital. Instead of getting mad, Fred just wanted to be calm and learn from the experience. He’s a better soul than me, I would be pi$$ed. I also saw how much a vegan diet has helped him heal, and that inspired me to get back in the kitchen and create more.



Then I was getting food to our customer Steve. It’s almost 95 in Phoenix today and my black car was not terribly cooler inside. I was thinking about how much I hate Phoenix this time of year when I looked across the street and saw it was irrigation day in the neighborhood. There are no lakes or even ponds anywhere near where I was, but there was a couple of ducks, a male and female, playing in the three inches of water that the neighbor had on his grass. They were quacking , walking around, helping themselves to bugs that were coming out of the ground and in general, being cute as anything. They were finding the joy in a bad situation they were not designed for, but still making a go.



So if I can’t be inspired today, there is something wrong with me! Yes, it is hot and life is not all as I would want it 100% of the time, but I can learn and grow. Then, I just need to find a flooded yard to go play in.

No comments:

Post a Comment