Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Super Easy Bean Soup with RECIPE!!


Sometimes, you just need something delicious, nutritious, and quick. For me, that has always been my four ingredient bean soup. I ate this when I was first starting my vegan adventure, and I still make it at least once a week. The nice part is that it is quick, tasty, reasonably inexpensive, and delicious. When I make this for Jason, I leave out the onions.



The picture is of my soup topped with a sprinkle of Daiya while I was munching down at Starbucks. That is the amazing thing – you can take tasty food with you no matter where you go! I have a little insulated bag to transport my munchies, but that is not necessary, just convenient.



So here you go, and feel free to laugh – my super easy bean soup.



Super Easy Bean Soup

1 15 oz can of refried beans

1 4 oz can of diced green chilies

1 16 oz jar of salsa

½ a small onion.



Dice the onion. Remove all other ingredients from their cans or jars. Add everything to a soup pot and heat over medium low until warm. Cook for an additional 10 minutes to cook the onion slightly. Top with a small amount of vegan cheese if desired.



There you have it, one of my easiest recipes. Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment