Sunday, July 22, 2012

Vegan Brunch


Sometimes best made plans just don’t work. That was the case when we tried to see Batman this morning. Jason and I arrived early, tucked in, and realized the theater was filling up fast. Then our friend Eric sent a text saying it was sold out and he couldn’t get in. Jason and I did not hesitate. We got refunds, took off with Eric and headed home.



While the guys set up their new D&D Dungeon Command board game, I started making breakfast. I made tofu scramble with freshly roasted jalapenos, hash browns with sweet onion and browned in harissa oil, and peaches tossed in cinnamon and nutmeg, sprinkled with walnuts. That and a few bottles of different hot sauce made for a fine and impressive meal.



Even better, instead of spending the morning seeing the lastest Hollywood blockbuster, we had a homey vegan brunch and played games with our dear friend. I got to do a little reading while I hung out with the guys. It was relaxing, good for us, and good for the environment.



The next time I think about just going to the movies for something to do, I am going to look and see what I can whip up in the kitchen, and who I can invite over…

No comments:

Post a Comment