Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Baking Without Eggs, a Bad Kitty Tip!

Welcome to Tip Tuesday! Today I am in the process of baking more cookies than I have in decades. It is all for a good cause, which is supporting VegCo, the new vegan superstore which is going to open soon (hopefully in Phoenix). So far, my cookies have been tasty, a little rustic, and wonderful. But in the process, I developed my favorite way to replace an egg in baking to date. Best of all, it likely uses things that you already have around the house.

Just combine 1/4 cup of vegan milk with 1 tablespoon of cornstarch. Mix or whisk until slightly frothy. Use in place of 1 egg.

I have been using this all day and it works wonderfully! It is the best binder for baked goods, does not create an odd taste or texture, and is inexpensive.

Hopefully this helps. Happy holidays and back to baking for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment