Monday, June 11, 2012

A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words


I love cookbooks of all shapes and sizes. Well, almost all cookbooks. I love ones with pictures, without pictures, ones with age and ones fresh off the presses. All of them hold their own wonders. Actually, as I type this at my local Starbucks I discovered I have two new beauties waiting for me, both on doughnuts. (Yes, once I experiment, I will post pictures, and yes, Eleanor, once you move here, doughnut girls nights!) If I know what I am looking for, I love the older cookbooks even without pictures. But, when I am unsure what I am going to make for one of the cooking classes I run I have to admit that pictures are pretty nice. After all, a picture is worth a thousand words. If you find one that grabs you and makes you want to reach in and eat it, chances are good that it can affect students the same way. I know that with the Vegan Culinary Experience, we try to give pictures of everything. I also have friends that will not make a recipe without seeing a picture of it.



How about all of you? Do you buy cookbooks without pictures? Do you find pictures more inspirational than the written word?



Just in case you’re one who likes a view, I am including one of my recent creations – Thai Peanut Tofu with Cashew Vegetables. Hopefully it makes you want to reach into the glass of the computer and grab a nibble.

No comments:

Post a Comment