Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Quadruple Caramel Cupcakes!


All Packaged Up for the Party!!
 
 
What inspires you?
 

I love being surrounded by inspiration, but I find it in many places. The urge to get in the kitchen and make something fabulous can be triggered by tasting something wonderful in a restaurant, seeing a beautiful picture in a cookbook, or in the pages of a worn recipe booklet from the 1940’s. However, a cool retro apron can make me want to bake, or the colors of the new fall make-up from Kat Von D can inspire a new cookie creation.


Right now, I am working on a host of new desserts. Some of them are full calorie, and some are low calorie. Some are quick for when you need that fix in a hurry, and some are complicated. I will start posting those up soon.


In the meantime, maybe this will give you some inspiration! Everyone knows I catered a wedding a few weeks ago, but it is high time that you see some pictures! These are my quadruple caramel cupcakes. They were a rich caramel cake, filled with a spiced caramel flan, topped with a sweet, rice caramel butter cream, and topped with a homemade salt and pepper vegan caramel. Love! More than anything this creation reminded me that my dream is to open a bakery some day. I would love to see someone bite into one of these!


Off to finish my baking and recipes for my cooking class tomorrow. If you happen to be in the Phoenix area, I have a dessert class going, and it will be 9/20/12 at 3pm and there will be samples of everything! Hope to see you there!


-Madelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment