Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Mango Pudding - a low calorie treat, with RECIPE


Sometimes, you just need something to eat for breakfast or dessert or anytime, really, that is refreshing, filling, a little sweet and a little sassy. For me, that is my mango pudding. I know the rest of the country is starting to cool down, but here it is over 100 degrees still. Yesterday I went on a nature walk with my wonderful husband and got a sunburn… yes, at the very end of August. It is still the time of year when light food is the order of the day.

 

For those of you who feel like I do, here is my favorite new recipe! I just had it for breakfast and I feel wonderful and ready to get on with the day.

 

Mango Pudding

1 12 oz package of light firm silken tofu

2 cups of cubed peeled mango

1 teaspoon almond extract

2 tablespoons agave nectar

 

Blend all ingredients until completely smooth, and then for an additional minute (to add air and make it light and fluffy). Refrigerate at least 2 hours before eating, then enjoy!!

 

Quick, easy, tasty, with a nice boost of protein and fiber. Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment